We are searching for a top notch Billing Clerk to join our team. The right candidate must possess great communication (written and verbal) skills, have a customer service background, computer data entry experience, basic math skills and can work well in a team environment.
Do you have Medical Billing experience? Use sound judgment and reasoning, are you motivated, dependable, and punctual? Do you demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in your work and can you handle stressful situations? Then you just might be the perfect candidate.
Your duties will include but are not limited to: Contacting patients concerning outstanding balances, processing insurance payments, posting payments to patient's accounts. Additionally, you will establish patient payment plans, generate reports, bill and rebill patients and insurance companies. We are especially looking for someone who has worked for an FQHC health care facility, expertise knowledge of billing Medicare, Medicaid and Self Pay systems.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent; one year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Two to four years Medical Billings Experience a must
- Two to Four years previous experience in patient receivables, Accounts Receivable is a must. • FQHC experience
- Must know medical terminology, CPT procedures codes, and ICD-9 diagnosis coding. Medicare, Medicaid and self pay billing experience +
- Knowledge of EHR systems - EPIC experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate accuracy in data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess basic math skills
- Must be able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Work confidently and efficiently in a fast paced office with a multitude of other activities on going.
- Must possess great customer service, communication (written and verbal) skills and great phone skills.
This is a temporary position