Family Health Center is an established non-profit Community Health Center in S.W. Washington, seeking Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee. We have clinics in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific counties that include Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Services, for high-risk, low-income and multi-ethnic population. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide exceptional care for our patients and clients and our sincere connection to the communities we serve.
We are looking for a Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee to work at our Residential and Outpatient facilities. Are you enrolled in a Chemical Dependency program at a higher learning institute? Do you have a passion to help people? Do you have the patience to be a good listener? Can you work in a stress filled environment and still make common sense decisions. Are you self-motivated and great at multi-tasking? Do you have WA certification/registrations, necessary documentation to be compliant with immunizations, HIV/AIDS training, CPR and First Aid? We would be very interested in finding out about you.
Your responsibilities would include but not be limited to: daily communication with other staff members, agencies, and the public regarding agency issues. Following all policies and procedures; prepare clinical paperwork, assist with patient medication calls, use a multi line phone system, and provide transportation for clients/patients.
- Must be enrolled in a Chemical Dependency Program at a higher learning institute
- Must have all registrations and certifications necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position including an Active Washington Counselor registration
- Proof of Up to Date training on HIV/AIDS, CPR, & First Aid
- Have a current valid Driver’s License
- Have proof of Up to date immunizations or be able to get proof
- Possess strong communication skills — verbal and Oral
- Computer skills — Word, Excel, Outlook
- Be well versed in HIPPA confidentiality laws
- Must have working knowledge of ASAM Patient Placement Criteria as well as DSM IV
- Must be knowledgeable of Washington Administration Codes and the Revised Code of Washington, to ensue Unit compliance with all requirements
- Must be at least 2 years with no alcohol or other drug abuse/misuse prior to employment