Scroll down for complete list of descriptions. Visit our How to Apply Page for submitting an application. We are an EOE/AA Employer.
Child Care Worker
Family Health Center is looking for a Child Care Worker to provide child care and supervise children as assigned for the children of clients in our residential treatment or transitional/permanent supportive housing. This right candidate must maintain a collegial positive relationship with staff and clients, be creative, engaging, while being professional in demeanor.
Working with children you must be able to provide and maintain certain qualities: you must like children; can you work in stressful situations and think clearly? Can you communicate and listen well? Are you creative, motivated, and have the ability to physically engage with children? Friendly? Imaginative? Can you manage time, be self –directed but work as a member of a team? Can you work with children with behavioral problems: mentally disturbed, delinquent, or handicapped? You must also be able to apply disciplinary measures to control behavior to a single child or the group. Are you dependable? Do you posse good hygiene skills and behaviors? These are some of the qualities we are looking for in a child care worker.
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities you will be performing: maintaining a safe play environment; dress children and change diapers; observe and communicate with children and clients; serve meals and medications; assist with preparing food and refreshments; sanitize toys and play equipment; Instruct children in health education and personal habits, such as hygiene, eating, and resting; read to children; teach simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs; organize recreational activities and outings; perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dishwashing, and changing of linens. Accompany children on outings and to medical appointments.
- High school graduate/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of previous/related child care experience.
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license. Must provide a Drivers Abstract from DMV.
- Must maintain all certifications necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position: STARS certification, CPR / First Aid.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be up to date with vaccinations and immunizations.
- Ability to work with a low-income, multi-ethnic patient population and a demonstrated ability to relate respectfully and effectively to people of diverse racial, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Must be a confident, self-directed individual who can work within a team as well as independently
- Strong communication, organization, documentation and record keeping skills necessary.
Family Health Center is a well established non-profit Community Health Center in S.W. Washington. We are searching for a top notch Accounting Clerk to join our team. We are a Community Health Center that serves people in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum and Pacific counties. Our patients are a diverse population with a variety of socioeconomic circumstances. The right candidate must have payroll, accounts payable, knowledge of accounting principles, great communication (written and verbal) skills, computer data entry experience, computer accounting systems, Microsoft Office Suite including intermediate excel, basic math skills.
Do you use sound judgment and reasoning? Are you motivated, dependable, and punctual? Do you demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in your work? Can you handle stressful situations? Then you just might be the perfect candidate.
Our Accounting Clerk will be involved with payroll data to maintain payroll records. You will be computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records. You will provide customer service to employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services. You must be able to work as a team member as well as work independently.
- Payroll background
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable
- A good understanding of college level accounting
- Reconcile Accounts in a timely manner
- Provide assistance and support to Company personnel
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in all programs of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in 10 key and keyboarding
- Experience in using Electronic Accounting Systems
- Strong Communication Skills
- Accuracy in data entry
- AA degree or equivalent in Accounting / Bookkeeping
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
- 1 or more years’ experience in recording, data entry, and ability to reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Ability to work with a low income, multi ethnic patient population and a demonstrated ability to relate respectfully and effectively to people of diverse racial, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Proficient in Basic Math Skills
- Previous Financial Department experience working at a Community Health Center a plus
- Must be able to work a nonstandard schedule to meet month / year end deadlines, the needs of patients, and the communities served by FHC.
Family Health Center is a well established non-profit Community Health Center in S.W. Washington, seeking a Receptionist to work at our clinic locations. We have clinics in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific counties that include Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Services, for high-risk, low-income and multi-ethnic population. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide exceptional care for our patients and clients and our sincere connection to the communities we serve.
Do you possess exceptional customer service skills? Do you have a passion for assisting the underserved and uninsured population we have as patients? Can you work along side a diverse group of individuals? As the first point of contact with FHC, we are looking for someone who possess exceptional customer service skills, has a great positive attitude, is friendly, has a professional demeanor and has a passion to serve our patients. An average day would include answering calls to the medical clinic routing them to them proper department or person, and answering calls from vendors with courtesy and enthusiasm. The right person will become a member of the Reception Team.
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of basic medical or dental terminology
- 1-3 years previous experience in customer service
- Able to diffuse stressful situations
- Previous experience as administrative office support
- Proficiency in computer skills, office equipment, and Microsoft Office
- Prior Medical / Dental office experience a plus.
- Prefer bilingual oral and written communication
- Proof of Immunizations and vaccines
Are you caring, compassionate, like to serve the public, and can thrive in a fast paced work environment? Are you dependable, calm under pressure, have an outstanding work ethic, and have a commitment to service? Then you might be our ideal candidate. Family Health Center is looking for an experienced WA Certified Dental Assistant that has 1-3 years of general dentistry experience, current CPR Certification, excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, knowledge of dental procedures and terminology, knowledge of electronic health records, computer and typing skills, and the ability to work with others as a team member while serving a diverse population of patients. Your duties will include, but not limited to, preparing and closing dental operatories, sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instruments trays, preparing materials, assisting dentists during dental procedures and completing patient charting. For this position, you would need to have the required 7 hours of HIV/AIDS training, knowledge of Dentrix, is preferred but can train, customer service background and be able to follow directions. Join our team and work for an organization that provides health and dental care to the uninsured and underserved families living in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific counties.
We are recruiting for a Medical Assistant to work in our medical clinics. Applicants should be comfortable working with a diverse population of patients, from differing socio-economic backgrounds. Medical Assistants at Family Health Center enjoy working with people, have a passion for healthcare, provide excellent customer service and work under stressful situations, yet remain calm.
We need someone who enjoys working with people, has a passion for healthcare, can provide great customer service, can follow directions, complete jobs tasks, work under stressful situations yet remain calm, and is self motivated. You would work directly with a medical provider documenting patient charts accurately and efficiently while performing the following and other tasks; rooming patients, medication refills per protocol, lab draws, family planning visits, receiving and entering telephone messages, relaying messages to patients per provider direction, reviewing and preparing for the next day visits and immunization administration. Medical Assistants interact with patients and colleagues in person and by phone on a daily basis. The MA must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Other duties to be assigned.
Ideal candidates will have successful completion of a minimum of one academic year of post-secondary education in a medical assisting program from an accredited educational institution. FHC prefers an AA degree in medical assisting. Along with education, the right Medical Assistant will perform childhood immunizations, be proficient in medical terminology and medical office procedures. Must be up to date and provide proof of all immunizations and vaccinations. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Candidates must be “ACTIVE” Certified through the State of Washington with at least 6 mos. – 1 year of experience in Medical Assisting. The right assistant will be outgoing, friendly, professional, possess a positive attitude and have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse population of patients. Valid CPR / First Aid card needed.
Family Health Center is looking for a Residential Assistant for our residential treatment facilities. The ideal candidate is self motivated; has the ability to work with little supervision; possesses great communication skills – both verbal and written; possesses excellent conflict resolution skills; has the ability to make common sense decisions in stressful situations; has the ability to multi-task; be team oriented; and be comfortable working with low-income, multi-ethnic patient populations. Are you familiar with HIPAA laws? Can you work any shift, including nights (hours vary)? If so, then you could be the right person for this position! Duties include, but are not limited to: answering phones; greeting vendors and clients; providing information about FHC services; enforcing rules and regulations to ensure smooth and orderly operations; organization, documentation and record keeping; overseeing medication calls; making regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure; and supporting FHC strategic, clinical and operational initiatives such as Patient Centered Medical Home.
- High School/GED or equivalent education
- Valid driver license; proof of immunization or willingness to be vaccinated
- HIV/AIDS training certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Annual TB test and results
- A criminal background check and drug screening will be completed before hire.