Scroll down for complete list of descriptions. Visit our How to Apply Page for submitting an application. We are an EOE/AA Employer.
Do you possess exceptional customer service skills? Do you have a passion for assisting the underserved and uninsured population we have as patients? can you work along side a diverse group of individuals? As the first point of contact with FHC, we are looking for someone who possess exceptional customer service skills, has a great positive attitude, is friendly, has a professional demeanor and has a passion to serve our patients. An average day would include answering calls to the medical clinic routing them to them proper department or person, and answering calls from vendors with courtesy and enthusiasm. The right person will become a member of the Reception Team.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- a high school diploma or GED
- have knowledge of basic medical terminology
- 1-3 years previous experience in customer service
- be able to diffuse stressful situations
- worked as administrative office support.
- Proficiency in computer skills, office equipment, and Microsoft Office.
- Prior Medical office experience a plus.
- Very strongly prefer bilingual oral and written communication.
Family Health Center is an established non-profit Community Health Center in S.W. Washington, seeking Medical Assistants. We have clinics in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum, and Pacific counties that include Medical, Dental and Behavioral Health Services, for high-risk, low-income and multi-ethnic population. We pride ourselves in our ability to provide exceptional care for our patients and clients and our sincere connection to the communities we serve.
Candidates must already be Washington State DOH certified as “ACTIVE” with no restrictions and have at least six months to one year of experience.
We are searching for someone who enjoys working with people, has a passion for healthcare, can provide great customer service, can follow directions, complete jobs tasks, work under stressful situations yet remain calm, and is self motivated. You would work directly with a medical provider documenting patient charts accurately and efficiently while performing the following and other tasks; rooming patients, medication refills per protocol, lab draws, family planning visits, receiving and entering telephone messages, relaying messages to patients per provider direction, reviewing and preparing for the next day visits and immunization administration. Medical Assistants interact with patients and colleagues in person and by phone on a daily basis. The MA must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Other duties to be assigned.
Ideal candidates will have successful completion of a minimum of one academic year of post-secondary education in a medical assisting program from an accredited educational institution. FHC prefers an AA degree in medical assisting. Along with education, the right Medical Assistant will perform childhood immunizations, be proficient in medical terminology and medical office procedures.
“ACTIVE” Certified through the State of Washington with at least 6 mos. – 1 year of experience in Medical Assisting.
Must be up to date and provide proof of all immunizations and vaccinations.
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
The right assistant will be outgoing, friendly, professional, possess a positive attitude and have the ability to effectively communicate and interact with a diverse population of patients.
Valid CPR / First Aid card needed.
Family Health Center in partnership with the Housing Opportunities of SW Washington, operates a supportive housing project for formally homeless women and their children. It is a unique housing project designed to ensure safety, security and provide services. Each unit accommodates changes in family size brought about by family reunification efforts.
We are in need of a Case Manager who has excellent customer service skills, exceptional phone skills, has a friendly demeanor, is energetic, confident, dependable, self directed, multi-tasker, needs little supervision, can be a good listener, and is proficient in the Office Suite programs (Word, Excel). Have you work in a health care office? Are you able to work with low income, multi ethnic patient population and can you demonstrate the ability to relate respectively and effectively to people of diverse racial, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds? Are these the qualities you possess? Then you may be the right person for this position!
A Case Manager at Phoenix House provides outreach and case management working under the Site Manger in a residential environment, maintaining a positive relationship with the staff and residents as well as having a professional and collegial attitude. As part of the Outreach duties, the case manager speaks and works directly with multiple local businesses & partnerships that will benefit our residents, screen potential residents prior to entering the program, collect urine samples for assessing individual degree of drug dependency. Other duties include coordinating activities with the courts, probation officers, other community services. As part of case management, the case manager meets with residents at least once a week to review wants, needs, program progress, reviews records, and coordinates appointments with health professionals, as needed.
- 1-2 years related work experience in the mental health setting
- Preferred Associate Degree in Human Services or equivalent – would consider the right person with related work experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must present a Driver’s Abstract from the DMV
- Must have proof of immunizations and vaccines
- Must maintain all certifications required to perform duties of the position. Some certifications may be obtained once hired.
- Competent in HIPAA rules and regulations
- Demonstrate excellent documentation skills
- Have good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer proficient
- Must be able to establish solid boundaries while working with residents and their familie
We do background checks and pre employment drug tests
Billing Clerk – Temp
FHC is searching for a Temporary top notch Billing Clerk to join our team. We are a Community Health Center that serves people in Cowlitz, Wahkiakum and Pacific counties. Our patients are a diverse population with a variety of socioeconomic circumstances. The right candidate must possess great communication (written and verbal) skills, have a customer service background, computer data entry experience, basic math skills and can work well in a team environment.
Do you use sound judgment and reasoning, are you motivated, dependable, and punctual? Do you demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness in your work and can you handle stressful situations? Then you just might be the perfect candidate.
Your duties will include but are not limited to: Contacting patients concerning outstanding balances, processing insurance payments, posting payments to patient’s accounts. Additionally, you will establish patient payment plans, generate reports, bill and rebill patients and insurance companies. We are especially looking for someone who has worked for an FQHC health care facility, expertise knowledge of billing Medicare, Medicaid and Self Pay systems.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent; one year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Two to Four years previous experience in patient receivables, Accounts Receivable and Medical Billing is a must.
- FQHC experience
- Must know medical terminology, CPT procedures codes, and ICD-9 diagnosis coding. Medicare, Medicaid and self pay billing experience +
- Knowledge of EHR systems – EPIC experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate accuracy in data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Possess basic math skills
- Must be able to work alone as well as part of a team.
- Work confidently and efficiently in a fast paced office with a multitude of other activities on going.
- Must posses great customer service, communication (written and verbal) skills and great phone skills.
Family Health Center is looking for a Residential Assistant for our residential treatment facilities. The ideal candidate is self motivated; has the ability to work with little supervision; possesses great communication skills – both verbal and written; possesses excellent conflict resolution skills; has the ability to make common sense decisions in stressful situations; has the ability to multi-task; be team oriented; and be comfortable working with low-income, multi-ethnic patient populations.
Are you familiar with HIPAA laws? Can you work any shift, including nights (hours vary)? If so, then you could be the right person for this position!
Duties include, but are not limited to: answering phones; greeting vendors and clients; providing information about FHC services; enforcing rules and regulations to ensure smooth and orderly operations; organization, documentation and record keeping; overseeing medication calls; making regular rounds to ensure that residents and areas are safe and secure; and supporting FHC strategic, clinical and operational initiatives such as Patient Centered Medical Home.
- High School/GED or equivalent education
- Valid driver license; proof of immunization or willingness to be vaccinated
- HIV/AIDS training certification
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Annual TB test and results
- A criminal background check and drug screening will be completed before hire.
- Ability to work with a low-income, multi-ethnic patient population and a demonstrated ability to relate respectfully and effectively to people of diverse racial, educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Great Self confidence and can stand your ground during a confrontation, yet remain calm and clear headed