Paying for your care
We serve all patients, regardless of inability to pay. We accept Medicare, Medicaid (WA Apple Health), Most private insurances, and private pay on a sliding fee scale.
We currently accept Medicare; Washington Apple Health – Medicaid (not all managed care plans are accepted at all locations-call for details); Most private health insurance plans; and private pay on the sliding fee scale.
- Click on any of the managed care plans listed below for more information about benefits, new member handbooks and contact information:
Sliding Fee Scale
Patients are encouraged to apply for our sliding fee scale. Filling out our a sliding fee application and bringing proof of income allows us to offer you discounts based on your family size and income, even if you have health insurance.
Patients are eligible for discounts on Family Health Center’s sliding fee scale:
- For all services in scope, except Family Planning Services if: they have gross family income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- For Family Planning Services if: they have gross family income below 250% of the FPG.
Patients who are eligible for third party insurance coverage under the Affordable Care Act or its successors will be encouraged by our staff to apply for, and purchase health insurance prior to fees being discounted on the sliding fee scale. Patients with third party insurance may apply to have charges and co-pays that are not paid by their insurance discounted on the sliding fee scale.
Patients who are eligible for publicly funded insurance (ex: WA Apple Health-Medicaid, Take Charge, Medicare) will be encouraged to apply for it. Patients with publicly funded insurance may apply to have fees discounted on the sliding fee if the services they receive are not covered by their benefit package.
To apply for the sliding fee, patients must show acceptable proof of income. Acceptable proof of income includes:
- Most recent year federal tax return for each member of the family
- Employer and income information for each member of the family (pay stubs for 4 weeks or monthly amount or W-2 forms)
- Award determination letters (for example Social Security)
- Court order for alimony
Patients that do not have any of the documentation above, may bring in any type of document that supports their self-declaration.
The sliding fee conversion table is updated annually in April as new FPG data is available. Please ask your clinic for the most up to date information.
- Co-pays and deductibles are due at the time of service, and all payments are accepted when made by cash, check, money order, VISA, MasterCard or debit.
- Patients are responsible for all charges not covered by insurance. Let us know if you have special circumstances that affect your ability to pay. Payment plans are available by request. Billing Department: 360-353-3256.
- We bill third party insurance first and collect from the insurance before discounting the remaining patient responsibility balance on the sliding fee scale.
- Patients are expected to make payments on any balances they owe and are encouraged to commit to a payment plan for any balance not paid at time of service.
- Patients owing balances on their accounts are mailed bills. Confidential account patients do not receive bills or correspondence in order to protect their confidentiality. A Confidential patient’s account is flagged as such. Confidential accounts include teens and domestic violence victims requesting confidentiality (family planning, sexually transmitted infections, behavioral health).
- We do not turn patient accounts over to collection agencies and we do not discharge patients from our practice due to refusal to pay.